Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Life Is Complicated

I'm driving myself crazy trying to decide which satellite service to get for the trailer--Dish Network or Direct TV. There are so many variables! And should I use one of them for my Internet connection, or go with Verizon's Internet service?

Once upon a time, life was simple. They had ABC, NBC, and CBS. They had tethered landline phones from Ma Bell. Instead of computer games they had decks of cards (and maybe Scrabble or Monopoly).

They didn't have to weigh the pros and cons of a million different plans and options and features and functions, or worry about whether the sales reps are clueless or even lying.

But these are good problems to have. When you think about it, I'm really saying, "Waaaaaa! I can't decide which Internet connection to get for my laptop computer. Waaaaaa! I can't decide how to hook up my TV."

In a lot of developing countries, there are people who would love to have these so-called "problems"!

So I'll stop complaining now.

No comments: