Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Bed


I'm wondering how confortable the bed in the trailer will be. It's not a true mattress, just a set of three long cushions that together can convert into a sofa. One is about the width of a sofa seat, and the other two are about a foot wide, or less, to make the back of the sofa.

I tested it, of course, but you can't really tell about a bed until you sleep on it for several nights in a row. An uncomfortable bed would be okay for a weekend trip, but because I'm going to live in "ma caravane," I need to be able to get a good night's sleep.

Because the dinette converts into a second bed, I'm putting lots of bedding in the trailer--so I can have a guest sleep over! Also it will, I hope, be enough to keep me warm on cold nights. I told my brother I wanted one of those little foil emergency blankets as a birthday present--with one of those, I probably won't freeze to death if it gets really cold. I might buy a new sleeping bag, too, because the only one I have is a very lightweight thing for summer camping.

Instead of my ratty old blankets, I wanted something nice for the bed, because it's such a big part of the trailer and I'll have to look at it every day, so I got the bedding set you see below. It's got a retro look, plus it's turquoise, so it matches the trailer nicely!

No comments: