Saturday, June 20, 2009

Impossible Dream

My goal with the trailer was to be like I was in college, when everything I owned would fit in my car.

I was hoping to get rid of everything that wouldn't fit into the trailer. But at 16 feet x 80 inches, the trailer is really small !

Like, today I put my four cold-weather coats (parka, shearling, dress coat, and leather jacket) into the closet--and that was it! There's no more space in the closet!

Here's the closet when it's empty:


I looks a lot bigger in the photo than it is in real life.

So I guess I'll have to rent a storage unit somewhere for my excess junk.

(BTW, as I was looking up the song below on YouTube, I found that it was once recorded by Elvis! My favorite is the version by Richard Kiley--probably because I met him when I was a teenager and he came into a store where I worked. He seemed a bit perplexed that I didn't know who he was. He was using his AmEx card to buy something, and I asked to see ID! I was, like, seventeen and clueless. He was nice enough, though. When he died in 1999, the lights on Broadway were turned off in his honor. The version below is sung by someone other than him, however, because I couldn't find his rendition on YouTube.)

No comments: