Friday, August 7, 2009

Mon Ami Francais

I love traveling because you get to meet such cool people, and I can't wait to hit the road next week.

Here's a photo (and a video, below) of my friend that I met in Cancun last winter. He was a fellow student at the school where we were both trying to learn Spanish, and he and I lived in the same apartment. It was fun because even though I was studying Spanish, I got to practice my French, speaking to him--although his English is way better than my French. He says I have an American accent--gee, ya think?


Anyway, since then, we've kept in touch. We e-mail back and forth regularly--he tells me about his adventures in Europe, and I tell him about my preparations for my "voyage en caravanne."

He went to the Cannes film festival two years in a row, I guess to hobnob with Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie. Anyway, here's an interview that French TV did with him this year during the art show in which his "galerie" participated during the film festival. I think they did this English version for the international audience. (It's interesting, because he looks so much more professional and clean cut in the video from Cannes than he did in Cancun!)

1 comment:

gh said...

I have to begrudgingly admit that's a really nice picture of you, even though you're a blonde.