Friday, July 10, 2009

Give!

Okay, look, all that stuff I just wrote about in the "Wish List" blog entry below? It's all going to cost me. A lot. Therefore, I'm adding a "Donate via PayPal" button to this blog!

After all, it's better to give than to receive.

If that didn't convince you, here are some additional admonitions:

Albert Einstein:
It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it.

John D. Rockefeller Jr.:
Think of giving not as a duty but as a privilege.

Maya Angelou:
I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver.

And Mr. and Mrs. Bush:

Barbara Bush:
Giving frees us from the familiar territory of our own needs by opening our mind to the unexplained worlds occupied by the needs of others.

George H. W. Bush:
I have spoken of a thousand points of light, of all the community organizations that are spread like stars throughout the Nation, doing good.

I found a quote from Anne Frank, too, but I'm being vile enough asking for money from strangers without exploiting an unfortunate teenager who died at the hands of the Nazis.

So Give, Give, Give, to Me, Me, Me!!!

No comments: